Tuesday 3 March 2015

Portraiture Tips

I did some research online in order to gather some portraiture tips that would be useful before I start shooting portraiture photography. Here were the tips I found which I am going to try and follow in my own portraiture work:
  • You need to know how to pose your subjects for portrait photography properly to shoot flattering images
  • Your subject should always be relaxed to create a improved portrait
  • Do not be afraid of movement
  • For close up portraits focus on the eyes
  • Softer images are better for portrait photography
  • Experiment with subject expressions
  • Fill the frame
  • Think about your composition
  • Experiment with lighting
  • A wider aperture (small f number) is best for portraits which gives a shallow depth of field
  • Use a tripod to reduce camera shake which could cause blur
  • If you have one, use a nifty 50 lens 

No comments:

Post a Comment