Friday 20 February 2015

Initial Shots

To kick start my photo taking I took some initial shots in order to experiment with portraiture and to see if I liked working with/was any good at portraiture. It was also to see if I thought the idea of incorporating the themes flaws, ideals and perfection would work for me or not in my images. For them, I took a couple of images of my friend focusing on her face and facial features. 

I shot these images in portrait mode using a large aperture which is best for portrait shots. I think the lighting in the image is at the correct exposure and highlights the models face nicely. In order to make these shots better I should have made sure I used a clear backdrop so that the background isn't distracting to the audience so that they focus more on the model however I could crop the images to take out any distractions. The images can be considered as perfection due to natural beauty but also flawed due to the bushier eyebrows, darkness under and around the eyes and lines on the face which is not seen as perfect which can all be neatened up and edited in Photoshop to create the typical version of what perfection is in beauty that is portrayed in magazines in our modern days.

No comments:

Post a Comment