Tuesday 14 April 2015

Best Edit


This is my best edit for shoot 4, it is of 2 male models whose faces are being  morphed due to the cello tape wrapped around them altering their facial features in order to make them flawed. What I like about this image is that even though the models are 'flawed' you can still see perfection in the image as they both look very happy and cheerful with the way they look and there is a sense of connection between the two models. This image shows both of my artist influences, you can see the relation to Annie Leibovitz as I am taking a portrait image in the studio and it is in black and white like her work but you can also see the relation to Jenny Saville where we are manipulating the model and setting them up to intentionally make them flawed before taking any photos. I edit it so that it was black and white and then used the levels tool to mess around with the different tones in the image so that they were well balanced, simple but effective editing. The only problem with this image is that when I printed it out it looks a lot darker than it does here on the screen so I think I should have made the background and parts of the image slightly lighter or used the other black and white edit below as my best edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment