Friday 10 April 2015

Shoot 4


This is my second attempt at shooting images of portraits and third attempt where I am experimenting by using an different object in order morph the models face in order to make it flawed, this shoot was fun to do and I think it went okay as a whole. In this shoot I am focusing on both of my artist influences of Annie Leibovitz through the use of taking portraiture images and Jenny Saville as I am experimenting trying to find a different way instead of using a window to alter and disfigure the face of the model which is how I am linking back to my previous 3 shoots. I decided to use cello tape and wrap it around the models face trying to squash or move their features to look flawed or imperfect like the photographer Wes Nawman does. What went well in this shoot is the lighting in most of the studio shoots, I have used natural lighting from the sun shining in the room and its not too under or overexposed and it lights the models face nicely compared to the images I took at home where they are very underexposed as there wasn't enough light getting into the room. I have experimented and improved this shoot compared to shoot 1 by using male and female models and by a white backdrop which I prefer instead of using a black backdrop like I did in shoot 1. I also tried to take the photos at different angles for example some very close up, some further away and some from underneath the face which I found to make the model look less flattering and appealing. What also went well is in images 9366 and 9360 where the cello tape has helped to create a different effect slightly compared to the glass images. In image 9360 the tape as moved the models eyebrows so they are out of place which is considered a flaw in beauty as they are not perfectly in line and in image 9366 the tape helped moved the lips so the teeth were really on show and are the first thing to capture the viewers eye as it is very bold and striking. What didn't go so well is that it was difficult in some of the images to move the models facial features with the cello tape for example in the image 9356 the model doesn't really look any different than she did without the tape. If I was to re-do this shoot I think should have used 3 models instead of 2 for the group image in order to follow the rule of odds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment